San Diego County
Soccer Referees Association
The San Diego County Soccer Referees' Association (SDCSRA) operates a USSF referee development program under Cal South, as specified by the National Referee Committee.
- In-Service Instructional Classes - SDCSRA provides Inservice Instructional Classes at all monthly general meetings, except June and July, one hour of in-service training by certified USSF Instructors that counts toward your instruction requirements for yearly referee re-certification. In the months of June and July, SDCSRA instructional classes focus on league specific training.
- Youth Referee Mentoring Program (YRMP) - YRMP or Yourh Referee Mentoring Program is part of the Cal-South Youth Mentor Program. The YRMP program is for youth soccer referees who are under age 21 and who want to advance to higher levels of soccer officiating, mainly the professional level of soccer. Past members of this program have advanced to become USSF National referees and work in the NASL, MLS, WUSA, WPS, USL, and MISL.
- Referee Pro Development (RPD) - RPD is part of the Cal South RPD program. The RPD program is for soccer referees who want to advance to higher levels of soccer officiating, mainly the professional level of soccer. The group meets once a month for training on the field and in the classroom. There are special sessions held in other locations as set by USSF and Cal Souoth. Sessions usually last three hours, one-hour physical, and two hours mental. Physical training consists of small-sided games, long runs, sprinting, and other activities. Mental training consists of discussions on refereeing soccer at the highest level. With the use of actual game situations and video, the group discusses calls and the outcome of referee decisions. All sessions counts toward your instruction requirements for yearly referee re-certification. The current group of referees involved in RPD includes referees who currently work in the MLS, WUSA, USL, MISL and the NISOA. Officials in the group have game experience at the international level as well as many top amateur and youth tournaments.
2020 Upgrades and Maintenance
Maintaining or upgrading your referee status is your responsibility each year. You must complete all the requirements set by CALSOUTH &
USSF before being able to referee for SDCSRA in the next calendar year/season. To complete these requirements follow the links below.
If you feel you should be on the 2020 Approved List already? Contact CalSouth Registration -- firstname.lastname@example.org
These links will take you to the CALSOUTH website for maintaining your certification as a referee each year.
Some of the requirements for development upgrades & maintenance include the following so be sure to check which requirements pertain to your situation and grade level.
- Educational hours in classroom settings each year (hours vary by level/grade).
- Passing grade in a USSF/CALSOUTH sponsored test each year is also required (test varies by grade level).
- RPD or high level training sessions are also required for certain grade levels (hours vary by level/grade).
- Fitness test is also required for certain grade levels (test varies by level/grade).
© SDCSRA All rights reserved -